Lansdown Road, DA14 4EF
Parks & Public Spaces
The land, part farmland and part woodland, was donated by Lord and Lady Waring in 1929 to provide a public park and playing field. It opened as Waring Park in May 1931. It was laid out with a raised terrace on the southern boundary with a number of shelters, since demolished as a result of vandalism in recent years. An area of woodland was retained and laid out with paths, and other areas were planted with flowers, shrubs and trees.